Thursday, May 26, 2016

Batman with Robin and Galexo-Fran Matera-1972


Just a teaser here. Thanks to a new friend in Malaysia, today I received 36 weeks of this late period, copyright-violating BATMAN newspaper strip. I'm going to be sharing more and writing up as much as I know regarding the story behind this frustratingly obscure and elusive chapter in the career of the Dynamic Duo soon but in the meantime, I wanted to share just this one page. If anyone has any GALEXO appearances, or knows anything at all about the background of this series that I may not already know, please email me at booksteve@aol.com. Thanx!

4 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Nice nostalgic Batman post... a great Thursday to you and yours.

jhegenbe said...

Let's see more of this. Did Clive Cussler once write Batman?

Micki said...

This appears in the IDW collection dated JUNE 19-24, 1972. Why the discrepant date?

Booksteve said...

The June dates are the original dates these were as US dailies...or would have been if they had been US dailies since apparently they weren't. The Singapore newspaper was publishing them a couple months behind after taking that time to do the formatting and coloring.